...Not the kind of wheel you fall asleep at...

Disappointments of the Weekend


  • Ruby Tuesday changed their veggie burger!



    To those of you who've had it in the past, this is a very traumatic event. Their veggie burger was my favorite veggie burger, no competition. It tasted startlingly similar to meat, had a for-once shredded texture instead of a grainy vegetabley one, and just melted on the tongue. On Friday I went there for dinner (I had a buy-one get-one-free coupon) expecting to indulge my tastebuds since I hadn't had their burger in such a long time. And what was placed in front of me instead was a soggy, pseudo-Applebee's (or every OTHER meat-oriented restaurant that tries to be "veggie-friendly" by serving a soggy Gardenburger-style piece of crap) patty.

    If you've had their burger in the past, you will understand my pain.

    They have also jumped on the lo-carb bandwagon, but this is not so catastrophic or heart-breaking as their new veggie burger, sadly.


  • I went out to Kent this weekend to shoot pool at some of their bars. I haven't been there since last summer, so I was very excited to hang out there. And I had a really good time--the weather was gorgeous, I shot pool and won often, and I actually managed to get an outside table at one of the bars and was able to enjoy the soft breeze.

    What was disappointing is that you used to be able to sit out on a ledge that overlooked the railroad tracks that run by Franklin Ave. You had to drunkenly maneuver around some stopped train cars (Pufferbelly Restaurant) to get to the edge area, but once you seated yourself and were patient, eventually a train would gun by. And it was fantastic because your legs were hanging over the edge literally inches away from the speeding cars... You could literally dangle your fingertips down and touch the top of the train. It was exhilarating.

    Now, they have the area all fenced off. Which means some drunken asshole probably managed to ruin it for everyone by actually falling INTO a train and getting dismembered or something. Dumbasses.




  • Jimmy Fallon is no longer gonna be on Saturday Night Live. The show is pretty damn lame as it is, so why oh why take off yet ANOTHER good comedian?



    -------




  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home