...Not the kind of wheel you fall asleep at...

Two Random and Completely Unrelated Items Today


Item #1
(from my yahoo email account):

Date: Fri May 7 21:58:00 2004
From: alles@sharkbit.org Add to Address Book
To: ___________@yahoo.com
Subject: halli hallo

Halli hallo, na du. Hast dich ja auch nicht mehr gemeldet. Aber ich musste das nun doch einfach mal tun. Ist doch aber nicht schlimm, oder? Also ich habe mir uberlegt dass es vielleicht helfen wurde wenn ich dir mal meine Nummer gebe, damit du dich besser bei mir melden kannst? Hier ist sie jedenfalls: 0175/6424134! Kannst dich ja mal melden. Lena

And the google translator says...

Halli hello, well you. Haste you also not more announced. But I had to do now nevertheless simply times. Is nevertheless however not bad, or? Perhaps thus I have myself considered that it would help if I you times my number give, so that you can announce yourself better to me? Here is it anyhow: 0175/6424134! Can you times announce. Lena



Item #2:

I saw the most idiotic Midol commercial yesterday. It went something like this:

One bikini-clad girl comes up to two others (Girl #1 and Girl #2) who are wearing one-pieces or wraps on the beach.

Girl #1: "You're wearing a bikini and you have your period??! Don't you feel too bloated and crampy for that??"

Girl #2: "Yeah, aren't you TIRED?!"

Bikini-girl: "Nope. Took Midol and I feel great."

The three girls shake their heads and smile in wide-eyed wonder at the miraculous healing powers of Midol.

The commercial ends with them trekking down the beach.

Bikini-girl: "I really have a taste for chocolate chip cookies."

The two girls look at each other knowingly.

Two girls: "Yeah, she's DEFINITELY menstrual."

All share a good laugh.

* * * * *

Now, we all know that, well, this commercial is idiotic in the way that pretty much 99% of the commercials out there are idiotic.

But what I'M confused about is the implication that people shouldn't wear bikinis WHEN THEY'RE TIRED. What the hell's up with that??? When have you ever been about to put on your two-piece and then yawned and thought to yourself, "Well, damn. I'm really tired still. Perhaps I shouldn't be WEARING a bikini. I'll slip into my one-piece instead."??

Idiotic, I say.



-------




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home