...Not the kind of wheel you fall asleep at...

Dear Diary, Part II


Thank god for little kids: yesterday I was having one hell of a shitty-assed day. I swung over to Eleven's after work. As I was coming into his apartment building, some little kid was trying to get out the door. I waved at him through the window on the door, waiting for Eleven to buzz me in. He waved back. His mom went and got her mail. As I was headed down the hallway towards Eleven's apartment, I hear the kid shouting, "HI! HI!" behind me. Then he starts lurching down the hallway in that way that little kids have who aren't in complete control of their leg functions yet, barreling down it like a runaway train... I turn around to smile down the hallway at him and see that his mom is running full speed after him and is not able to catch up. So I stop so I can grab him for her before he gets past. He lurches right up to me and wraps his pudgy little arms in a big hug around my legs and starts cooing. His mom finally catches up and starts apologizing and laughing simultaneously because he won't let go. He waves at me when she finally extracts me from his grip and lurches down the hallway towards his apartment.

These are the moments when I can actually understand why people pop out babies the way they do.

* * * *

As I mentioned yesterday, I was looking through my diary from middle and high school again just the other day, which got me thinking about the ridiculous amount of people (lame-ass people and not too terribly lame-ass people) that I've had crushes on over the years, all of which have thankfully come and gone...

Here is an abridged list of them for your entertainment (sorta in alphabetical order):

  • Adam Oberlin,


  • Adam Szabo,


  • Barry Leone,


  • Brandon Something-or-Other,


  • Clint Luikart,


  • The Cowboy Dude from the coffee-shop whose name I can't remember,


  • Danny Wagner,


  • Marlini,


  • Mike Thrane,


  • The One-F Man,


  • Rob L. from OU,


  • Stoner kid from my astronomy class whose name I think began with an A,


  • Terry Tesmer,


  • Walter Lapchynski.




  • -------




    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home