...Not the kind of wheel you fall asleep at...

Random Michfest Bursts


THINGS I CARRIED WITH ME AT ALL TIMES WHILE AT MICHFEST THIS YEAR

  • My little stadium chair thingie for sitting

  • A rain poncho

  • My tupperwarey dinner plate thing--a spoon and fork as well


  • IN BACKPACK:

  • Bugspray

  • Sunscreen

  • Water bottle filled with water

  • A book for leisure reading

  • My Michfest program (which lists all workshops and concerts to schedule your day)

  • My skirt-wrap

  • A warm jacket-thing of sorts

  • My notebook (for journaling and other such things)

  • My sketchpad

  • My wallet

  • My eyeglass case and contacts

  • My Diva Cup

  • Leg warmers

  • E's envelopes

  • Camera


  • THINGS THAT MICHFEST HAS HELPED REMIND ME:

  • I need to take better care of my body. I do not treat it like it deserves to be treated. This means that I am going to try to get off the BC pill, for one thing--I would like to go back to the natural and beautiful rhythm of the female body rather than have that rhythm be induced by chemicals. It also means that I am going to try to eliminate my daily pop intake from my routine and instead infuse my routine with good herbal concoctions to healthify myself.

  • I need to make a more conscious effort to surround myself with positive energies. Every one of us have enough negative energies to deal with on any given day that we don't have any control over (or limited control). So those negative energies that we DO have control over, we really should make an effort to purge from our daily lives. This means that I should not be wasting my time and energy on people who bring such negativity into my life and make me feel like garbage about myself more often than they make me feel GOOD about myself. I need to make a better space around myself that is filled with GOOD energy (a Michfest OUTSIDE of Michfest)--this is within MY control and I need to start MAKING it so.

  • I need to start appreciating and being more happy with my body. There are so many gorgeous women out there, so many different shapes and sizes, and so many of them who positively GLOW with self-love for their body, no matter WHAT it looks like and no matter whether or not it fits the stupid acceptable mold of beauty that the media jams down our throat. I must work harder at reaching this place myself. I must work to keep it healthy--exercise it and feed it good things. But I must not give it crap, because it is beautiful and it really does serve me gloriously, dammit.

  • I need to stop being so insecure about my feminism and rant and rage if/when I feel the need, motherfucker.
  • Labels:



    -------




    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home