...Not the kind of wheel you fall asleep at...

Middle School Flashback


I've been listening to really old mixed tapes while doing my evening driving lately.

Yesterday's was a nauseating gem of diversity.

A cross-cut of content for your entertainment (not the full tracklist):

  • Iron Butterfly's 20 minute long "Inna Gadda Da Vida"


  • XTC's "The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead"


  • Monie Love's "It's a Shame (My Sister)" (I still heart this song--watch the video HERE)


  • John Lennon's "Imagine"


  • That fricking "Life is a Highway" song which makes my skin crawl with a big big hate


  • Three fricking songs from Les Miserables


  • Digital Underground's "Freaks of the Industry" which I could not stop laughing at because the lyrics are so nasty for my middle-school self


  • Some nauseating Phil Collins song


  • A whole bunch of songs from Wayne's World (including "Dreamweaver" and the RHCP's "Sikamikanico"--I'm pretty certain I also have Alice Cooper's "Feed My Frankenstein" on another mix somewhere as well)


  • EMF's "Unbelievable"


  • That "Hello Cruel World" song (which I just realized is by the Eels--rock on with your bad-ass middle-school self, LL!)


  • Poi Dog Pondering's "Be the One" (I still absolutely love this song)


  • And of course, the obligatory version of "Creep" by Radiohead
  • (which appears to be on pretty much every mix that I've made in the past 15 years)



    -------




    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home