...Not the kind of wheel you fall asleep at...

Acrophobia


Snuck up into the Whisky Island lighthouse with SS yesterday afternoon. I'm afraid of heights, but I've never actually locked up because of it before. But coming back down the spiral staircase, I wanted to take a picture of the view really badly, and I sat down on a step and managed to get my camera out but couldn't convince my hand to let go of the banister long enough to take the actual picture, despite trying like three or four times.

That shit was seriously HIGH though.

And partially it was straight up acrophobia. Partially it's that one of my most recurring dreams is having steps crumble out from beneath me as I try to run up them.

But partially I also blame the spiral staircase scene in The Haunting (1963) 'cause it kept going through my head the whole time up there.



So instead of a sweet-ass pic from the top of the staircase, you'll just have to settle for this one instead.

Deal.



-------




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home