...Not the kind of wheel you fall asleep at...

The Burning House


So this site is really cool.

So I submitted my own.

Hopefully they'll post it. But on the off-chance they don't: enjoy!

"If your house was burning, what would you take with you? It's a conflict between what's practical, valuable and sentimental. What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condensed into one question."

Name: Lindy Loo
Age: 34
Location: Cleveland, OH
Occupation: Massage therapist; blogger; lover; mad genius
Website: http://www.yeahthatveganshit.blogspot.com



List: (clockwise-ish from top)
  • Egon Schiele picture. The one thing in my apartment that would remind me of my apartment and how much I adore it.
  • Tiny notebook I keep of the little things I see and experience that bring me joy.
  • Franny & Zooey. One of my favorite books and a stand-in for three other things I would take with me which would be:
  • My cats--Franny, Zooey, and Esme.
  • My box of finished, unfinished, and half-finished writing. Under it:
  • My laptop computer.
  • My wallet.
  • My passport.
  • My box of incense and old love notes.
  • My camera.
  • A pair of pants and a shirt. (In case I happen to be sleeping in the nude when the fire breaks out.) 
  • Condom. A person should always be prepared.
  • Photos. As many as I could possibly carry.


[Amusing sidenote: I took this pic outside my massage space and at some point lost the condom. Here's to hoping that a client doesn't happen to find it somewhere in my studio.]



-------




3 Comments:

Blogger Jill (Lady Lazarus) said...

Oooh! I like this idea. I might have to submit my own.

9:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our house just burnt down and truthfully, when you are racing out of a burning house, you don't think about getting anything but yourself and your loved ones out of the house. At that point in time, nothing is practical, valuable or sentimental other than your life. It is a dumb question.

8:55 AM

 
Anonymous Suz said...

OK...just thinking about one of your clients finding a condom either pre- or post-massage is making me giggle uncontrollably...

7:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home